Calling all undergraduate students at BU!
Would you like to spend 3 weeks in Beijing this summer and get some funding for it? If yes, apply for the China Summer School 2007 which is run by the University of Manchester in partnership with Beijing Normal University! This is a fantastic opportunity for undergraduate students to apply for one of 200 places which are funded by the Department for Education and Skills (DfES).
- It's a 3 week programme and will take place in Beijing in July and August 2007
- Learn the Chinese language
- Explore the rich cultural heritage and contemporary China
- Interact with young Chinese people through job shadowing and social events
- Have a unique experience this summer which will look great on your CV and impress future employers!
Who can apply?
- You must be enrolled at BU as an undergraduate student
- UK, EU and international students are eligible to apply
What will the grant cover?
- Accommodation and board at the Beijing Normal University for the duration of the summer school.
- Transportation costs to and from the airport in China to the summer school venue in China
What do I have to pay?
- Return airfares to China
- Visa costs
- Appropriate insurance and medical cover including fees
- Incidental expenses in China
A limited number of widening participation bursaries will be made available for qualified candidates. If you think you are eligible, complete the special widening participate bursary application form as well as the application for the China summer school. This sounds great - how do I apply? For more information and to download the application forms visit:
The deadline is Friday 15 June 2007
- There will be total of 200 grants available, so you will be competing with hundreds of students from other UK universities. It is important therefore that you spend some time in preparing your application and think carefully what it is that you hope to get out of this unique opportunity, in terms of your academic and professional development.
- Please let me know if you apply for this opportunity so we know how many students from BU have put in an application.
<< More News and Events
<< More Bournemouth University News and Events