The Institute for Applied Forth Research, Inc.
President: Lawrence P. G. Forsley
PO Box 1261
Annandale, VA 22003
Tel : +1 (716) 235-0168
Fax : +1 (716) 235-0168
The Institute for Applied Forth Research was chartered in New York State
on April 21, 1982 as a non-profit corporation.
Its purposes are:
- To promote the application of current Forth research to scientific and industrial
problems through publications, seminars, conferences, and other means for the
exchange of ideas, techniques and information.
- To promote and facilitate the exchange of information about new work in Forth
among the academic, industrial and commercial sectors.
- To foster communications among various groups and individuals using Forth.
- To publish on a periodic basis a scholarly journal containing articles and
commentary on Forth and its applications and to publish monographs and other
publications consistent with the general purposes of the corporation.
- To conduct seminars and conferences where Forth and its applications can be
presented and discussed, but such seminars and conferences shall not be given for
- Rochester Forth Conference
Beginning in 1981, annual conferences have been held in June and proceeding of all
presented papers have been published within a year. Attendance has varied from 40
to nearly 200. The atmosphere has been very congenial with plenty of time for
interaction among attendees. Plans are being made for a 1996 conference which will
be announced as soon as they are final.
- The Journal of Forth Applications and Research (JFAR)
The Journal publishes refereed articles. Six Volumes of 2-4 Issues each have appeared.
Though it was initially planned to publish volumes annually, it has not been possible
to meet that schedule. At present we are considering electronic publication of the
articles as they become available.
- Other activities
Over the years the institute has sponsored fellowships and projects through Institute
Publications and Sales
The Institute publishes conference proceedings and the JFAR which are for sale along with other
Forth related publications.
The Institute depends upon contributions from corporate sponsors and individuals. The last few
years have seen fewer contributions than earlier, but of late, we seem to be experiencing
an increase of interest and support.